Determing a directory server's(LDAP based) vendor(like NDS, Netscape or iplanet) through java code.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Deepak_Shivamurthy
Posted On:   Monday, July 30, 2001 01:27 AM

Hi all, My code connects to a directory server(LDAP based - NDS,Netscape Directory Server) based on the IP address entered by the user. Problem is, my code needs to know, what type of directory server is my code trying to connect to. I mean the Directory Serber vendor like NDS, Netscape, or iplanet etc, based on which my processing varies slightly. It would be great if you can let me know abt this, in case you have come across this in java(using JNDI or any other stuff in java) or anyother pointers towards this. Regards, Deepak    More>>

Hi all,

My code connects to a directory server(LDAP based - NDS,Netscape Directory Server) based on the IP address entered by the user.

Problem is, my code needs to know, what type of directory server is my code trying to connect to. I mean the Directory Serber vendor like NDS, Netscape, or iplanet etc, based on which my processing varies slightly.

It would be great if you can let me know abt this, in case you have come across this in java(using JNDI or any other stuff in java) or anyother pointers towards this.

Regards,

Deepak

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact