How can i create a thread pool as similar as in web,app server?.!_NEWLINE_!
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   muthu_kumaran
Posted On:   Saturday, July 28, 2001 08:22 AM

[which means if request is greater than the pool size ,it has to be wait in queue,and released when any request in-line is served] The problem with thread object is ,it can be called start() only once,if you try to call again ,it will through illegal state exception.So it is not possible to put all the thread object into stack and reuse. If you put runnable object into stack and manually call run(),there is no concurrent action. Do any one help me out to create thread pool as similler as in web,app servers. Thank you, Muthu kumaran muthu.kumaran@converge.com    More>>

[which means if request is greater than the pool size ,it has to be wait in queue,and released when any request in-line is served]

The problem with thread object is ,it can be called start() only once,if you try to call again ,it will through illegal state exception.So it is not possible to put all the thread object into stack and reuse.

If you put runnable object into stack and manually call run(),there is no concurrent action.

Do any one help me out to create thread pool as similler as in web,app servers.

Thank you,

Muthu kumaran

muthu.kumaran@converge.com    <<Less

Re: How can i create a thread pool as similar as in web,app server?.!_NEWLINE_!

Posted By:   Alex_Chaffee  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 2, 2001 10:51 AM

Please see How can I create a pool of threads for use in my p.... Please search the FAQ before posting -- it will save you a lot of time.
About | Sitemap | Contact