dcsimg
How to update the Status Line immediately without the Event Dispatcher Thread?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Michael_Heuberger
Posted On:   Friday, July 27, 2001 11:00 AM

I'm writing a big Java application with a status line at the bottom. If an important method is completed, I let the JLabel for that status line put a new text. Putting a new text on that status line is done by a new thread with maximum priority but this doesn't work. So my real question ist: How can I change the text of any JLabel immediately before the Event Dispatcher Thread or anything else continues? It's similiar to a progress bar showing the current status but only text and it's always at the bottom. I thought, Swing is NOT thread-safe, so all is in one thread delegated by the Event Dispatcher!? Michael Heuberger from Switzerl   More>>

I'm writing a big Java application with a status line at the bottom. If an important method is completed, I let the JLabel for that status line put a new text.

Putting a new text on that status line is done by a new thread with maximum priority but this doesn't work.

So my real question ist:

How can I change the text of any JLabel immediately before the Event Dispatcher Thread or anything else continues?

It's similiar to a progress bar showing the current status but only text and it's always at the bottom.

I thought, Swing is NOT thread-safe, so all is in one thread delegated by the Event Dispatcher!?

Michael Heuberger from Switzerland

<<Less

Re: How to update the Status Line immediately without the Event Dispatcher Thread?

Posted By:   Alex_Chaffee  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 2, 2001 10:54 AM

About | Sitemap | Contact