MessageCountListener - MessageAdded does not get called for 'Newly created message'
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   venkat_subramanian
Posted On:   Friday, July 27, 2001 10:06 AM

I am using IMAP eventing with JavaMail to monitor a folder.
Everything seems to work in eventing as long as the message is mailed to the folder/copied to the folder. i.e MessageAdded method gets called
If a new message is created and appended to the folder(with flag RECENT set), the MessageAdded method not get called i.e no event occurs.

Is this by design? What am I missing? any possible solutions?

Re: MessageCountListener - MessageAdded does not get called for 'Newly created message'

Posted By:   venkat_subramanian  
Posted On:   Thursday, August 2, 2001 09:25 AM

The funny thing is:
Using JDK 1.2.2 and JavaMail API 1.2/1.3, for a folder MessageAdded does not get called "if a new message is created and appended to the folder ( not sent of copied using copymessage)".

If the same JDK 1.2.2 and JavaMail API 1.2 and 'j2ee.jar' is added to the class path as the first item, the MessageAdded works for the above case.
It took us a few days to figure out this. I still don't know the reason why it behaves so.

In both the cases if a message gets removed, MessageRemoved gets called. But the getMessageCount() seems to return a incorrect message count, not taking into account the removed message.

This issue has also been forwarded to Javasoft.

Re: MessageCountListener - MessageAdded does not get called for 'Newly created message'

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Sunday, July 29, 2001 09:38 AM

Try sending this message to the JavaMail mailing list. If this is a design issue, the JavaMail architect will answer. Also, be sure to state which version of JavaMail you are using.
About | Sitemap | Contact