dcsimg
Problem with emailing large attachment using JavaMail.
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Archana_Iyer
Posted On:   Thursday, July 26, 2001 03:59 PM

I have written an jsp application to accept a "To" address and a file attachment from a user and send email to the recipient. After the request is processed, the jsp program redirects user to a confirmation page. I encounter a problem when uploading large files (> 10 meg). While the file is successfully uploaded to a temporary location on the server, the emailing itself behaves arbitrarily: the jsp program instead of redirecting to confirmation page gives an "Cannot find server". And what is more freakish is that sometimes the email with attachment is sent successfully, sometimes the email has a corrupted attachment file and sometimes the email is not sent at all. I have checked that there are no file size restriction on my    More>>

I have written an jsp application to accept a "To" address and a file attachment from a user and send email to the recipient. After the request is processed, the jsp program redirects user to a confirmation page.

I encounter a problem when uploading large files (> 10 meg). While the file is successfully uploaded to a temporary location on the server, the emailing itself behaves arbitrarily: the jsp program instead of redirecting to confirmation page gives an "Cannot find server". And what is more freakish is that sometimes the email with attachment is sent successfully, sometimes the email has a corrupted attachment file and sometimes the email is not sent at all. I have checked that there are no file size restriction on my smtp server setup. Any help about how to make the jsp program robust and guarantee delivery of email with attachement will be appreciated.

<<Less

Re: Problem with emailing large attachment using JavaMail.

Posted By:   Irfan_Ahmed  
Posted On:   Saturday, July 28, 2001 01:01 AM

I am having a similiar issue...

I am using multiple attachments while sending mail, there is a difference of 30kb between the original file size and upon receipt. all the attachments are of reasonable sizes ~600kb.

Please let me know of the solution - or is it a java bug ?

Regards,

Irfan

Re: Problem with emailing large attachment using JavaMail.

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 26, 2001 06:51 PM

Limit the size of the upload. It sounds like something is timing out when network traffic is busy. Mail is not the proper way to transport 10 MB files.
About | Sitemap | Contact