Need help for IDL/Java
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Java_Swing
Posted On:   Thursday, July 26, 2001 01:16 AM

Hi,

I am pretty new to deal Java with CORBA.

I have compiled couple of .idl file by idl2java (VisiBroker 4.5). The .java files which it generated I put them in my working java package and tried to compile it (JBuilder 5.0). But got compile error :

Error #: 302 : cannot access class
com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl; neither class nor source found for com.inprise.vbroker.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl at line
15, column 81

Where should I configure to fix this problem ? Any suggestion ?

Thanks.

Re: Need help for IDL/Java

Posted By:   Christer_Blomqvist  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 5, 2001 02:27 AM

Sounds like you need to make sure that your VisiBroker jar file(s) are prepended to your java bootstrap classes when compiling, otherwise the compiler uses the ORB classes from Sun.

This can be configured with parameters to the compiler or maybe with a orb.properties file in your java lib directory. This information should be in a readme file on your JBuilder CD.

I have not tried JBuilder 5 yet but this is the case with JBulder 3 and VisiBroker 3.4.

Re: Need help for IDL/Java

Posted By:   Dermot_Hennessy  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 26, 2001 01:47 AM

This is in fact a classpath issue - for some reason you have not included the Visibroker jars in your project classpath.

I am going to make a rather generic suggestion for solving problems of this type - you should hopefully be able to apply it to most of your classpath issues.

• First, download a freeware program called ZipScan from download.com. Install it on your machine and run it.
  • Tick 'Recursively search sub-directories', 'Recursively search archives', 'Zip Files' and 'Jar files'.
  • In the start directory, enter your JBuilder installation root directory, e.g. C:Program FilesJBuilder
  • In the 'Search Patterns' box, enter the name of the class that you're searching for - in this case ObjectImpl.class
  • Hit Run and the path to the zip or jar file containing the class should be displayed (if you're searching in the right place...)
  • Ensure that this jar file is included in your JBuilder Java classpath - accessed under Project-Properties-Java Libraries on my version (3.5)

To apply all of the above to your problem, you should probably find what you need in vbjorb.jar - so make sure that this is included as a library in your Project-Properties in JBuilder. (Select Java Libraries-Add and see if there's an entry referring to VisiBroker in the libraries, if there is, add it, if not, create one and add the vbjorb.jar file to the library classpath, then add the library.

Hope that helps.
Dermot

About | Sitemap | Contact