Error while defining :- createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ajith_Rao
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 25, 2001 04:12 PM

What I am trying to do is, get the current row and compare with the previous from the resultset. To achieve it I am using the previous(), absolute() and next() methods from ResultSet. Now to be able to use these methods I believe I need to define connx as: Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"); con1 = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@uaix02....","....","...."); stmt1 = con1.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE); By doing so when I compile from JDeveloper, I am getting the following error: C:Program FilesOracleJDeveloper 3.2myhtml est548_htmluntitled10.jsp War   More>>

What I am trying to do is, get the current row and compare with the previous from the resultset.

To achieve it I am using the previous(), absolute() and next() methods from ResultSet. Now to be able to use these methods I believe I need to define connx as:

Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");

con1 = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@uaix02....","....","....");

stmt1 = con1.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE);

By doing so when I compile from JDeveloper, I am getting the following error:

C:Program FilesOracleJDeveloper 3.2myhtml est548_htmluntitled10.jsp

Warning: (0) ISO-8859-1 character set may not match project compiler setting.

Error: (82) method createStatement(int) not found in interface java.sql.Connection.

I am importing java.sql and oracle.jdbc libraries.

Any pointers to it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in AdvanceĀ 

Ajith

<<Less

Re: Error while defining :- createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE)

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 25, 2001 04:46 PM

If you check the javadoc for java.sql (RTFM), you will verify that the createStatement() method accept or no parameters, or 2 parameters...

Regards.
About | Sitemap | Contact