JBuilder 3.0 Data Aware Controls
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 25, 2001 02:28 AM

What is the best way to access data from database? Use data-aware controls or non data-aware controls (like use java.sql.* to retrieve data and then display them using a grid control)?

Which will offer the most flexibility and power? Especially when my select statement is very complex and involve many joins.

Re: JBuilder 3.0 Data Aware Controls

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 26, 2001 06:11 PM

Hi all, I have played with JBuilder 3.0 DataExpress framework and find it neat and tidy and a quick start to access data.

However like all other framework, I am wondering about over-reliance on this framework. Will it make me less aware of the java.sql API underlying?

If that day comes when this framework just cannot support my requirements, does it mean I have to do it the old-fashioned way like coding in java.sql API put the data into Java Vector, Hashtable etc classes and then read them and put the data into the java.awt or javax.swing components and handle all the visual details?

Any JBuilder veterans out there care to share their insights on using this DataExpress architecture and the good old-fashioned way?

Thanks in advance.

About | Sitemap | Contact