JMS/Applet architecture
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gene_Kovelman
Posted On:   Friday, July 20, 2001 02:45 PM

In our application a browser is the client. There is an applet embedded in the page. My question in this case is concerning asynchronous communication. What is a typical architecture in this scenario ? Do I make an applet a MessageListener ? In my opinion I do not think I should do that because that means an applet will have to download jms code to the client. I think JMS should stay entirely on the server. But how do I notify my applet of changes ? Should the applet register a listener with the server and when the processing is done some service bean should notify the applet via the listener ? I am not sure which way to go ? Calling back via a listener might be taxiing on the system, I am not sure at this point how heavy the traffic will be. Any suggestions ?    More>>

In our application a browser is the client. There is an applet embedded in the page. My question in this case is concerning asynchronous communication. What is a typical architecture in this scenario ? Do I make an applet a MessageListener ? In my opinion I do not think I should do that because that means an applet will have to download jms code to the client. I think JMS should stay entirely on the server. But how do I notify my applet of changes ? Should the applet register a listener with the server and when the processing is done some service bean should notify the applet via the listener ? I am not sure which way to go ? Calling back via a listener might be taxiing on the system, I am not sure at this point how heavy the traffic will be. Any suggestions ?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact