How to send mail through Imap account's SMTP?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rizwan_Sattar
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 17, 2001 10:44 AM

Hi everyone, I have been trying to figure this out, and I'm still confused. Using IMAP, I can connect to my account and receive/read mail, update folders, etc etc. However, I am not sure how to send my mail through the IMAP server. Right now I am using JavaMail to connect to my IMAP account, but when I have to send mail, I have to use the SMTP server on my ISP. I think there is a way to send the message through my IMAP account's SMTP server, since if I connect to my IMAP account through my university's "webmail" account, i can send mail through it. Does anyone know how i can send the messages through the IMAP account? It makes everything a lot easier. I am guessing I would have    More>>

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to figure this out, and I'm still confused.

Using IMAP, I can connect to my account and receive/read mail, update folders, etc etc. However, I am not sure how to send my mail through the IMAP server.

Right now I am using JavaMail to connect to my IMAP account, but when I have to send mail, I have to use the SMTP server on my ISP. I think there is a way to send the message through my IMAP account's SMTP server, since if I connect to my IMAP account through my university's "webmail" account, i can send mail through it.

Does anyone know how i can send the messages through the IMAP account? It makes everything a lot easier. I am guessing I would have to use an Authenticator, so if anyone has an example code snippet. It would be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rizwan

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact