JBuilder 3.0 properties file deployment
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dermot_Hennessy
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 17, 2001 04:05 AM

I am using JBuilder 3.0 Enterprise. I am developing a GUI which relies on multiple .properties files, spread over multiple directories. I access these in my code using package names, eg a.b.c . As a result in my Jar file deployment, file c.properties should be available from path a My problem is that when I attempt to include these in a jar file using the deployment wizard, the wizard will not pick up the directory structure for the properties files and they all get written to the root directory in my jar. What's most annoying is that once (only!) the wizard did pick up the paths. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance Dermot    More>>

I am using JBuilder 3.0 Enterprise. I am developing a GUI which relies on multiple .properties files, spread over multiple directories. I access these in my code using package names, eg a.b.c . As a result in my Jar file deployment, file c.properties should be available from path a

My problem is that when I attempt to include these in a jar file using the deployment wizard, the wizard will not pick up the directory structure for the properties files and they all get written to the root directory in my jar. What's most annoying is that once (only!) the wizard did pick up the paths.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Dermot

<<Less

Re: JBuilder 3.0 properties file deployment

Posted By:   Dermot_Hennessy  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 17, 2001 06:50 AM

Looks like I found the root of the problem. For code/deployment separation I have two directories, one called classes (this is my output directory) and the other called src. If I add the properties files to the project from the src directory, I see the behaviour referred to in my original question.

However, if I manually copy them to the classes directory (such that the path to c.properties is classesac.properties) they get included in the same way as class files (i.e. full directory structure intact).

I guess that this makes sense. However I would have thought that JBuilder when building would copy the properties files to the classes directory and that the deployment wizard would pick them up from there. For version 3.0 at least, this is not the case. As a matter of curiosity, has this been resolved in later versions?

Dermot

About | Sitemap | Contact