JDBC:SQL Query Exception
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, July 13, 2001 03:30 AM

I have a oracle database and I connect to it using JDBC. I am randomly getting following error and I am not able to trace why is it coming. ########## SQL Query Exception ########## Message:Io exception: not in streaming mode Error Code:17002 SQL State:null When I try to execute the query(which reads a LONGRAW ie binary column) where I get this error, through SQL plus, it works fine. I think the problem is with JDBC, the way it handles the LongRaw columns. Please help me.Links to sites with talk about this problem is also welcome. Thanks in advance    More>>

I have a oracle database and I connect to it using JDBC. I am randomly getting following error and I am not able to trace why is it coming.

########## SQL Query Exception ########## Message:Io exception: not in streaming mode Error Code:17002 SQL State:null

When I try to execute the query(which reads a LONGRAW ie binary column) where I get this error, through SQL plus, it works fine. I think the problem is with JDBC, the way it handles the LongRaw columns.

Please help me.Links to sites with talk about this problem is also welcome.

Thanks in advance

<<Less

Re: JDBC:SQL Query Exception

Posted On:   Sunday, July 15, 2001 02:40 PM

It's depend on your jdbc driver you have. But most of them don't support non-standard SQL column type. So you should convert your LONGRAW to some other format like VARCHAR if your column
contains string.. Or Real if your column
contains real number.

It's depend on your jdbc driver you have. But most of them don't support non-standard SQL column type. So you should convert your LONGRAW to some other format like VARCHAR if your column
contains real number.

contains real number.

Posted By:   Arun_Bharathan  
Posted On:   Friday, July 13, 2001 09:47 AM

This seems to be something to do with streaming (You are not using the right methods to get to it. You have to use InputStream directly to read LONGRAW columns).

The best place to read about Oracle JDBC is the oracle site.
Read this oracle Technet site to get an idea.
About | Sitemap | Contact