Monitoring an IMAP folder.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Vipul_Lalka
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 11, 2001 10:57 AM

I am using JavaMail to monitor my Inbox on a mail server running on a linux machine. My program is very close to the demo progam that comes with JavaMail - monitor.java. The problem I have is if this monitoring is done every second, the monitor program has to open the folder with a READ_WRITE lock. So, I cannot enter my own mailbox to check mail and delete messages without taking the lock away from my monitor program. Is there any way around this? My goal is to have a simple program that notifies me when I have e-mail, and it should not hamper any other e-mail clients that I might be using. Thanks in advance. Vipul.    More>>

I am using JavaMail to monitor my Inbox on a mail server running on a linux machine. My program is very close to the demo progam that comes with JavaMail - monitor.java. The problem I have is if this monitoring is done every second, the monitor program has to open the folder with a READ_WRITE lock. So, I cannot enter my own mailbox to check mail and delete messages without taking the lock away from my monitor program.

Is there any way around this? My goal is to have a simple program that notifies me when I have e-mail, and it should not hamper any other e-mail clients that I might be using. Thanks in advance.

Vipul.

<<Less

Re: Monitoring an IMAP folder.

Posted By:   Kaustubh_Jagtap  
Posted On:   Monday, July 16, 2001 12:03 PM

The Folder object does not permit concurrent opening in the
READ_WRITE mode by more than one client. As soon as the second
client opens it in READ_WRITE mode then first client loses its lock.
About | Sitemap | Contact