Ultra Secure Site
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, July 6, 2001 07:00 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to build a secure site using ssl. I'm looking for some ideas for an approach, at the moment i basically have my non secure code running on tomcat on my local pc, i'll be putting this on to IIS very soon, but i need to know what steps i need to take to get it from non secure to secure ...

I have installed the new jsse which has ssl capabilities , is it dificult to integrate this with IIS ? How about tomcat ? I dont really want the site to do server authentication, i really need it for client authentication ...Anyone with any ideas for implemtation/steps, or even links would be appreciated,

Thanks

Michael

Re: Ultra Secure Site

Posted By:   John_Mitchell  
Posted On:   Friday, July 6, 2001 09:50 AM

If you're running MS IIS then it will never be ("ultra") secure. If you're running on an MS platform then it will never be ("ultra") secure.

In terms of SSL support, if you're going to run a front-side web server then all you really need to do is read the documentation for that web server about adding/configuring HTTPS support. This goes for both server and client authentication.

If you truly need an "ultra" secure setup, I strongly suggest you get a security consultant to come in an go over your plans w.r.t. the actual threat models that you're concerned about and real world threat models and what you'll really need to do to deal with them.

About | Sitemap | Contact