A quicker way to check for attachments
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 4, 2001 06:04 AM

Is there a quick way to show that a message has attachments? I'm making a servlet based webmail system, and I'd like to display a small icon beside the subject if the message has attachments. I don't want to do anything else with the attachments for now, just check if there are any. Now I'm checking every part of the message for disposition data (inline/attachment...), and this tends to be very slow in some cases, especially if there's many messages in the folder. If I find an attachment in a message I don't continue checking the other parts, but instead move on to the next message in the folder. Can I optimize this process somehow? Does anyone have sample code? Is FetchProfile usable here, and    More>>

Is there a quick way to show that a message has attachments?

I'm making a servlet based webmail system, and I'd like to display a small icon beside the subject if the message has attachments. I don't want to do anything else with the attachments for now, just check if there are any.

Now I'm checking every part of the message for disposition data (inline/attachment...), and this tends to be very slow in some cases, especially if there's many messages in the folder. If I find an attachment in a message I don't continue checking the other parts, but instead move on to the next message in the folder.

Can I optimize this process somehow? Does anyone have sample code?
Is FetchProfile usable here, and if so, how?

<<Less

Re: A quicker way to check for attachments

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 4, 2001 10:22 AM

No easy way. Sorry.
About | Sitemap | Contact