discrepancy in decryption when two encrypted strings are appended
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Saif_Faruqui
Posted On:   Monday, July 2, 2001 11:31 PM

hi, i'm facing a peculiar problem. i need to encrypt two different strings using the same key, then concatinate the encrypted strings. later i read the number of encrypted bytes of the first string from the concatinated string and decrypt it using the same key. the decryption yields only part of the original string the rest is garbage. on the other hand if i decrypt the first string without concatinating it, it yields the original string. so the problem lies in concatinating the two encrypted strings, which i do using the StringBuffer class and FileInputStreams. can someone help me out with this ? i hope there is no ambiguity in understanding the problem... thx    More>>

hi,

i'm facing a peculiar problem. i need to encrypt two different strings using the same key, then concatinate the encrypted strings. later i read the number of encrypted bytes of the first string from the concatinated string and decrypt it using the same key. the decryption yields only part of the original string the rest is garbage.

on the other hand if i decrypt the first string without concatinating it, it yields the original string.

so the problem lies in concatinating the two encrypted strings, which i do using the StringBuffer class and FileInputStreams.

can someone help me out with this ?

i hope there is no ambiguity in understanding the problem...

thx

saif

<<Less

Re: discrepancy in decryption when two encrypted strings are appended

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 12, 2001 01:32 PM

Did you use the cryptix32 encryption toolkit? I think you have to convert string as byte[]. Then encrypt it and
store your encrypted message as byte[].
Normally length of encrypted byte[] is different with original byte[], So you have to remember the start position and end of position for each encrypted byte[].You can concat each encrypted messages(in byte[]).As long as you know the start and end of position of each message in the byte array, you can easily to decrypt them.

Re: discrepancy in decryption when two encrypted strings are appended

Posted By:   sripati_praharaj  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 3, 2001 12:54 AM

hello
About | Sitemap | Contact