sealing violation exception
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Glen_Drinkwater
Posted On:   Thursday, June 28, 2001 07:16 AM

I have written a java application and it is used to transform a xml document with xsl. Once i completed the application i ran it and the transformation worked and the result was saved to a file on my hard drive. i left the code alone for a couple of weeks and the ran it again and it did not work. The result wouldn't save to a file and the exception was a security exception, "sealing violation". I emailed the code to my friends computer next to me and the code worked, he sent me the class file back and again the code did work, repeating the same error. I can anyone explain what a sealing voilation is, and could any one explain why it works on my friends and not my computer as i cannot remember changing any settings on my windo   More>>

I have written a java application and it is used to transform a xml document with xsl. Once i completed the application i ran it and the transformation worked and the result was saved to a file on my hard drive.

i left the code alone for a couple of weeks and the ran it again and it did not work. The result wouldn't save to a file and the exception was a security exception, "sealing violation". I emailed the code to my friends computer next to me and the code worked, he sent me the class file back and again the code did work, repeating the same error.
I can anyone explain what a sealing voilation is, and could any one explain why it works on my friends and not my computer as i cannot remember changing any settings on my windows NT on my pc.

Thank you.

<<Less

Re: sealing violation exception

Posted By:   murali_krishna  
Posted On:   Thursday, July 5, 2001 09:31 AM

Hi Glen,

I think problem is in classpath setting,
mean same type of classes is in claspath, so it is violating in seal.
try to delete one application classpath( mean i think you installed more than one java related environments or any other tools which using java).

try this ..
this is one solution fo rthis Exception

regards
murali
About | Sitemap | Contact