dcsimg
Displaying a Form before an Alert
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Swarup_Mishra
Posted On:   Friday, June 22, 2001 01:43 AM

I'm doing an operation which takes around 1min. So before the operatin starts I want to show a Form without any command buttons. After the operation gets over I show an alert saying it's done. Here goes the sample code. Form F = new Form("Info!"); display.setCurrent(F); operation();//this takes 1 min Alert al = new Alert("Alert"); d.setCurrent(al,someList);//directing to a List when done But I'm not able to get the desired effect. Any pointer will help. Thanks, -Swarup    More>>

I'm doing an operation which takes around 1min. So before the operatin starts I want to show a Form without any command buttons. After the operation gets over I show an alert saying it's done. Here goes the sample code.

Form F = new Form("Info!");

display.setCurrent(F);

operation();//this takes 1 min

Alert al = new Alert("Alert");

d.setCurrent(al,someList);//directing
to a List when done

But I'm not able to get the desired effect. Any pointer will help.

Thanks,

-Swarup

<<Less

Re: Displaying a Form before an Alert

Posted By:   Leo_Chan  
Posted On:   Tuesday, July 31, 2001 07:58 PM

so, what is your result come out? I have the same exp that I have put some methods in front of or behind the Alert command, the alert may not come out in most case and direct run my method, but sometimes the alert will come out in some case. I also don't know what happen and I think this is the bug in J2ME.
About | Sitemap | Contact