How to run batch programs from JBuilder
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ryan_Parrish
Posted On:   Thursday, June 21, 2001 01:02 PM

I'm trying to run a batch file from within JBuilder 4 Foundation that I wrote to handle the build process for MIDP apps. It accepts some parms passed to it from within JBuilder using the macros that are defined. I have it configured according to what the help says. However, when I click on the 'Tools | Make MIDlet' menu entry that I created, the cmd.exe process gets kicked off (e.g. it's registered under processes in Task Manager), but nothing visible happens and no effects from the batch file are observeable in the directory structure. Is anyone familiar with why this would be happening? I was expecting it to work like TextPad or JCreator (which kicks off the batch, passing the parms and displaying the outp   More>>

I'm trying to run a batch file from within JBuilder 4 Foundation that I wrote to handle the build process for MIDP apps. It accepts some parms passed to it from within JBuilder using the macros that are defined.

I have it configured according to what the help says. However, when I click on the 'Tools | Make MIDlet' menu entry that I created, the cmd.exe process gets kicked off (e.g. it's registered under processes in Task Manager), but nothing visible happens and no effects from the batch file are observeable in the directory structure.

Is anyone familiar with why this would be happening? I was expecting it to work like TextPad or JCreator (which kicks off the batch, passing the parms and displaying the output, no problem). I would like to use JBuilder, though, because of CodeInsight and the fact that you can pass package info to the command.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact