Signed Applet...
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   shailesh_shailesh
Posted On:   Monday, June 18, 2001 05:11 AM

Hi, I've a signed applet which uses a temporary certificate for testing purpose which I add it to the trusted cetificate group in IE. It works fine on some browsers and doesn't work on some. I have observed that whenever I run that applet on a machine which does not have that certificate, It doesn't work. which is obvious. Now, If i add that certificate to the browser after i get an error it should work but still it doesn't work. But if i add the certificate before running that applet, it always works fine. can you tell me Why this happens? Also, when i will have a proper purchased certificate from a trusted authority. Would I require to do any setup on the client or will it get autometically added to the browser on it's first invocation?    More>>

Hi,
I've a signed applet which uses a temporary certificate for testing purpose which I add it to the trusted cetificate group in IE. It works fine on some browsers and doesn't work on some. I have observed that whenever I run that applet on a machine which does not have that certificate, It doesn't work. which is obvious. Now, If i add that certificate to the browser after i get an error it should work but still it doesn't work. But if i add the certificate before running that applet, it always works fine. can you tell me Why this happens?

Also, when i will have a proper purchased certificate from a trusted authority. Would I require to do any setup on the client or will it get autometically added to the browser on it's first invocation?

Thanks,
Shailesh

<<Less

Re: Signed Applet...

Posted By:   John_Mitchell  
Posted On:   Monday, June 18, 2001 10:23 AM

The certificate only seems to be checked once, upon startup of the applet.
About | Sitemap | Contact