Debugging a Tomcat web application under JBuilder?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Amos_Shapira
Posted On:   Saturday, June 16, 2001 04:48 AM

I know there is a way to debug single servlets and JSP pages under JBuilder. I'm also aware of a trick (which I use now) to simply run Tomcat's "main" as the "main class" under JBuilder and therefore to be able to debug the servlets and Java classes under JBuilder. But I miss the option to debug JSP pages which are part of my web application under JBuilder. (i.e. I'd like to be able to set a breakpoint in a JSP page, run the web application which contains it and be able to step through the JSP page under JBuilder). Is this possible somehow? I use JBuilder 4.0 Enterprise, Tomcat 3.2.2, Sun JDK 1.2.2 and Microsoft windows 2000 Professional.    More>>

I know there is a way to debug single servlets and JSP pages under JBuilder.

I'm also aware of a trick (which I use now) to simply run Tomcat's "main" as the "main class" under JBuilder and therefore to be able to debug the servlets and Java classes under JBuilder.

But I miss the option to debug JSP pages which are part of my web application under JBuilder.

(i.e. I'd like to be able to set a breakpoint in a JSP page, run the web application which contains it and be able to step through the JSP page under JBuilder).

Is this possible somehow?

I use JBuilder 4.0 Enterprise, Tomcat 3.2.2, Sun JDK 1.2.2 and Microsoft windows 2000 Professional.

Thanks.

<<Less

Re: Debugging a Tomcat web application under JBuilder?

Posted By:   Luigi_Viggiano  
Posted On:   Sunday, June 17, 2001 02:58 AM

Right-clicking on a JSP it should appear a "Web debug" in a pop-up menu. Use that do debug JSPs. You can set breakpoints in a JSP in the same way as you do with standard java classes.
About | Sitemap | Contact