JNI call on the servlet works in WIN-NT and does not work on Sun-unix
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   prasad_nathan
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 13, 2001 03:29 PM

I am using servlet which calls the 'C' api using JNI. I am using Iplanet4.1SP7 web server with Sun-Solaris 2.6. I am using the Java SDK 1.2.2_07. I have applied the solaris pathes required for Java 1.2 and Iplanet. I have created the *.so file using gcc compiler. I have tested the *.so file with the normal java class and it works fine. It does not work with the servlet class. It is not clear how do we load the .so file(shared object) library on the iplanet server. I have specified the *.so file in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It seems to load *.so file ,but the 'API' call shut down the web server and error message follows, "A network error occured while netscape was retrieving data(Network error:connection reset by peer). Try co   More>>

I am using servlet which calls the 'C' api using JNI. I am using Iplanet4.1SP7 web server with Sun-Solaris 2.6. I am using the Java SDK 1.2.2_07. I have applied the solaris pathes required for Java 1.2 and Iplanet.

I have created the *.so file using gcc compiler. I have tested the *.so file with the normal java class and it works fine. It does not work with the servlet class.

It is not clear how do we load the .so file(shared object) library on the iplanet server. I have specified the *.so file in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It seems to load *.so file ,but the 'API' call shut down the web server and error message follows,

"A network error occured while netscape was retrieving data(Network error:connection reset by peer). Try connection again."

The same servlet works fine on the WINNT4.0 Service pack 6, iplanet4.1, JDK1.2. The dll used is created using visual c++ 6.0.

Thanks in Advance.

Prasad

<<Less

Re: JNI call on the servlet works in WIN-NT and does not work on Sun-unix

Posted By:   Sheik_Dawood  
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 27, 2001 11:58 PM

Hi prasad!...
i tried to call a COM object in JSP as well as in Servlets using JNI but its not working. its working fine in java.
can u help me out to solve this problem can u send me sample code for calling COM objects from Servlets!.
Thanks
Sheik
msdawood@yahoo.com
About | Sitemap | Contact