"java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't happen - classname is null, who added this?" How can i avoid this error?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mahendra_Goyal
Posted On:   Monday, June 11, 2001 10:58 PM

"java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't happen - classname is null, who added this?" How can i avoid this error?
I often get this error what is the error?

Re: "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't happen - classname is null, who added this?" How can i avoid this error?

Posted By:   Rachel_Pick  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 26, 2001 03:32 AM

I realised I kept getting this error when I'd updated the source file and recompiled without restarting Tomcat.

As soon as I stopped and restarted Tomcat, the error disappeared.

Don't know if that's the pattern of events you're experiencing, but might be of some help.

Re: "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't happen - classname is null, who added this?" How can i avoid this error?

Posted By:   Thomas_Dietrich  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 12, 2001 05:44 AM

Hello Mahendra Goyal,

You don't know how much I'm laughing at this error. We had a run in with this error and no one on the development staff could figure it out.

He is why I'm laughing, the answer is so easy. Look for web.xml in your /WEB-INF directory, if it's not there, you have the start of your answer, make one. If it is, look for the entry setting your default documents(ie index.html, index.jsp, etc), and set it up for your default documents. That fixed it for us, the fix is to simple and the error was too cryptic. Had lots of us hitting our heads when we found out. :)

BTW, the error's tip off to the answer was that it occured when the site tried redirecting to the default index.jsp file, and when you went directly to it: http://url/index.jsp the site worked.

Hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Thomas Dietrich

About | Sitemap | Contact