Calling Java from AS400 RPG program.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   robert_bruderer
Posted On:   Thursday, June 7, 2001 11:52 AM

I would like to call a Java program that will perform some calculations on 2 strings that I pass. This Java program will be called often, potentially every second or less... I would like to have the Java program return the values of some calculations it will perform to the RPG program. I would like to stay away from utilizing Data Ques for this process. The key to this process is that I receive the correct data back for the given request. I cannot afford ANY out of synch issues. In the past, I would simply call an RPG program and perform a "Return" leaving the called program Memory Resident. The next time I call it, it runs fast... I cannot think of any way to do this within Java utilizing the s   More>>

I would like to call a Java program that will perform some calculations on 2 strings that I pass. This Java program will be called often, potentially every second or less...

I would like to have the Java program return the values of some calculations it will perform to the RPG program.

I would like to stay away from utilizing Data Ques for this process. The key to this process is that I receive the correct data back for the given request. I cannot afford ANY out of synch issues.

In the past, I would simply call an RPG program and perform a "Return" leaving the called program Memory Resident. The next time I call it, it runs fast...

I cannot think of any way to do this within Java utilizing the same approach. But before I give up and devise a new approach, does anyone else have a better idea?

Thanks!
Rob

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact