dcsimg
Hw to set up Socket Permission.?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Radhakrishnan_Chellappen
Posted On:   Thursday, May 31, 2001 11:29 AM

i am using DNS service provider. DNS Server is running under Security. i have found this From Sun's Site. When a security manager has been installed, the DNS service provider and the application using it must both be granted the following permissions: permission java.net.SocketPermission "host[]", "connect,accept"; for each host/port identified in the java.naming.provider.url property, in URL string names supplied to context methods, and in object references. i tried to make this setting in java.policy file but the error i am getting is communication exception as javax.naming.CommunicationException: DNS error [Root exception is java.net.S   More>>

i am using DNS service provider.
DNS Server is running under Security.
i have found this From Sun's Site.

When a security manager has been installed, the DNS service provider and the application using it must both be granted the following permissions:

permission java.net.SocketPermission "host[]", "connect,accept";

for each host/port identified in the java.naming.provider.url property, in URL string names supplied to context methods, and in object references.

i tried to make this setting in java.policy file
but the error i am getting is communication exception as

javax.naming.CommunicationException: DNS error [Root exception is java.net.Socke
tException: socket closed]; remaining name 'host address'

Thanks in advance

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact