Using XML Parser with Tomcat3.1.x
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Priya_Venkatesan
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 22, 2001 02:21 PM

Iam having a runtime error : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method getLocalName()Ljava/lang/S tring; not found. I tried to put xerces.jar(using DOM Level 2) before the xml.jar file in the $TOMCAT_HOME/lib dir.I also changed the tomcat.bat file in the $TOMCAT_HOME/bin dir inorder to have xerces.jar appear before xml.jar in the classpath of the servlet engine.However Iam unable to resolve the problem. When I tried to change all references pointing to xml.jar to point to xerces.jar in all the necessary files under Tomcat installation dir(so that I can remove xml.jar totally from the /lib dir),Iam having a problem during startup. Can somebody help me with a solution? Does Tomcat require DOM Level   More>>

Iam having a runtime error :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method getLocalName()Ljava/lang/S
tring; not found.
I tried to put xerces.jar(using DOM Level 2) before the xml.jar file in the $TOMCAT_HOME/lib dir.I also changed the tomcat.bat file in the $TOMCAT_HOME/bin dir inorder to have xerces.jar appear before xml.jar in the classpath of the servlet engine.However Iam unable to resolve the problem.
When I tried to change all references pointing to xml.jar to point to xerces.jar in all the necessary files under Tomcat installation dir(so that I can remove xml.jar totally from the /lib dir),Iam having a problem during startup.

Can somebody help me with a solution?

Does Tomcat require DOM Level 1 to appear before DOM Level 2?

<<Less

Re: Using XML Parser with Tomcat3.1.x

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 22, 2001 02:48 PM

As far as I know Tomcat 3.1 requires its own xml parser. You can try to put xerces in your application lib directory (WEB-INF/lib). I've heard of people doing it on 3.2.1.

Regards.
About | Sitemap | Contact