Naming.lookup(java.lang.String) returns sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anthony_Arobone
Posted On:   Monday, May 21, 2001 11:18 PM

Naming.lookup(..) returns sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub instead of my remote class stub. I am working in Windows2000. I started rmiregistry in my source code. Then I start my server app with correct java.rmi.server.codebase and policy settings and with a classpath "." The server binds the object in the registry successfully. Then I execute my applet from the website and it prints out the class name of the returned object from Naming.lookup(java.lang.String) method. This returned class is of type sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub, NOT my RemoteServer class. What am I doing wrong? My applet html gets the applet classes from the same location the server and rmiregistry get them. Is this incorrect? Please help!!! Thank you.    More>>

Naming.lookup(..) returns sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub instead of my remote class stub. I am working in Windows2000. I started rmiregistry in my source code. Then I start my server app with correct java.rmi.server.codebase and policy settings and with a classpath "." The server binds the object in the registry successfully. Then I execute my applet from the website and it prints out the class name of the returned object from Naming.lookup(java.lang.String) method. This returned class is of type sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub, NOT my RemoteServer class. What am I doing wrong? My applet html gets the applet classes from the same location the server and rmiregistry get them. Is this incorrect? Please help!!! Thank you.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact