EJB(statefull session bean)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   suresh_pagidimarri
Posted On:   Friday, May 18, 2001 07:24 AM

Dear sir / madam, I am new to EJB technology. I got a doubt in state maintanence of statefull session beans. For statefull session beans , we can define more than one create method, including create method with out parameters. I got some member variables in my bean implementation and i got some business methods which work on them and modify their values. From the client application i will invoke only create method with out parameters and after that i invoke some business methods. Does the state for my bean is maintained if many clients access the same bean? *** To tell you my doubt in short, i want to know whether the state is maintained if i call only create method with out paramete   More>>

Dear sir / madam,
I am new to EJB technology.
I got a doubt in state maintanence of statefull session beans.

For statefull session beans , we can define more than one create method, including create method with out parameters.

I got some member variables in my bean implementation and i got some business methods which work on them and modify their values.

From the client application i will invoke only create method with out parameters and after that i invoke some business methods.

Does the state for my bean is maintained if many clients access the same bean?

*** To tell you my doubt in short, i want to know whether the state is maintained if i call only create method with out parameters.

*** Is it compulsory to call create method with parameters to maintain the state?

I feel that state for a particular bean for a client is maintained regardless of which create method is invoked.

Create method with parameters/with out parameters has got nothing to do with the state maintainance.

Please clarify my doubt in clear as soon as possible.

awaiting for your reply.

thankyou.
p.suresh

<<Less

Re: EJB(statefull session bean)

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Friday, May 18, 2001 09:02 AM

Hi,

I think that if you can add different create methods, yes, the bean will be created in the same way, unless there are clear restrictions in the spec. It's something I've never tried and/or looked at.

The other point is no: the statefull session bean can be considered as an extension of the 'client application', that perform tasks on behalf of the client and maintains state related to that client. This conversional state it's not persistent though, and are dedicate to one client only.

If you would like to mantain state between different clients, you need to relay on the help of an entoty bean.
About | Sitemap | Contact