dcsimg
Proprietary class code generated?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nuno_Guerreiro
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 15, 2001 09:47 AM

Does JBuilder generate proprietary class code when compiling Java files? I've a CORBA/Java project running and I've always used Emacs and a makefile to perform development/compilation/running. I'd like to switch to JBuilder, though. I'm using a rather old broker - Visibroker 3.3. But I've already created the project in JBuilder and configured everything, but after compilation is completed, I can run the application in JBuilder, but not outside, using the old bootclasspath and classpath I had defined in the make file. Here is the error I receive: c:inprisevbroker invbj -Xbootclasspath:c:inprisevbroker/lib/vbjorb .jar;c:inprisevbroker/lib/vbjapp.jar;c:inprisevbroker/lib/vbjtools.jar;c:ja vajdk/jre/li   More>>

Does JBuilder generate proprietary class code when compiling Java files? I've a CORBA/Java project running and I've always used Emacs and a makefile to perform development/compilation/running.

I'd like to switch to JBuilder, though. I'm using a rather old broker - Visibroker 3.3.

But I've already created the project in JBuilder and configured everything, but after compilation is completed, I can run the application in JBuilder, but not outside, using the old bootclasspath and classpath I had defined in the make file.

Here is the error I receive:

c:inprisevbroker invbj -Xbootclasspath:c:inprisevbroker/lib/vbjorb
.jar;c:inprisevbroker/lib/vbjapp.jar;c:inprisevbroker/lib/vbjtools.jar;c:ja
vajdk/jre/lib/rt.jar; -classpath .;d:sourceTSclasses;d:sourcesmgenerated;
d:sourceTS/lib/fesi.jar;d:sourceTS/lib/jgl3.1.0.jar;D:source slibSprinta
2000.jar;d:sourceTS/lib/com.jar;d:sourceTS/lib/sun.jar;d:sourceTS/lib/jcha
rts.jar;d:sourcelib;d:source s; pt.ServiBanca.TransactionServer.Server TS.pr
operties GUERREIRO
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: defineClass0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:477)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:10
9)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:249)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$1(URLClassLoader.java:217)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:198)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:192)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:298)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:285)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'c:inprisevbroker invbj' : return code '0x1'

I'm setting the bootclasspath variable in order to avoid problems with the CORBA classes supplied with Java 2. I know I can use an ORB properties file or set system variables.

So, my application runs fine when compiled with JBuilder and run with it, but if I compile with JBuilder and try to run it on a DOS prompt using the command-line above, it doesn't work. If I replace c:javajdk above with c:jbuilderjdk1.2.2, it runs fine. Why? Do the classes generated use some kind of JBuilder jar?

Many thanks for any help.

<<Less

Re: Proprietary class code generated?

Posted By:   Shahram_Khorsand  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 16, 2001 12:17 AM

Which JDK are you using outside the JBuilder?

If you are using IBMs JDK it is the RMI and CORBA core classes that may generate the errors. These are implemented differently in IBM JDK. In this case you should compile the classes using the IBM JDK.

If your are using the SUN 1.3 JDK you should not get the errors. What you can do is to CUT the command JBuilder is using to run your program from its output window and paste it in a DOS window. If this works with the JbuilderJDK and not with the javaJDK, then you know who is to blaim.

Hope it helps.

Shahram

About | Sitemap | Contact