dcsimg
IO Exception
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ajay_Tejwani
Posted On:   Monday, May 14, 2001 02:29 PM

I have loaded my html page on Tomcat and the first time I try to load it, it works fine. "ajay" is the folder under webapps directory. In "ajay" resides the "register.htm" HTML page. "register" talks to a servlet and the servlet works fine. Then, second time when I refresh my page, I get the following message and the "register" page does nto reload:- QUOTE 2001-05-14 05:09:32 - Ctx( /ajay ): IOException in: R( /ajay+ /register.htm + null) Connection aborted by peer: socket write error 2001-05-14 05:09:32 - Ctx( /ajay): IOException in: R( /ajay+ /images/reg3.gif + null) Connection reset by peer: socket write error UNQUOTE Please let me know how th   More>>

I have loaded my html page on Tomcat and the first time I try to load it, it works fine.
"ajay" is the folder under webapps directory. In "ajay" resides the "register.htm" HTML page. "register" talks to a servlet and the servlet works fine.

Then, second time when I refresh my page, I get the following message and the "register" page does nto reload:-

2001-05-14 05:09:32 - Ctx( /ajay ): IOException in: R( /ajay+ /register.htm + null) Connection aborted by peer: socket write error
2001-05-14 05:09:32 - Ctx( /ajay): IOException in: R( /ajay+ /images/reg3.gif + null) Connection reset by peer: socket write error
UNQUOTE

Please let me know how this can be corrected. Thanks, Ajay

<<Less

Re: IO Exception

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Monday, May 14, 2001 03:02 PM

Hi,

I've seen this problem a lot of times and I've run this problem on manu newsgroup too, obtaining always the same answer: it looks like something that you can ignore.

It seems that this exception it's thrown when, for example, you are requesting an object (page, image, etc.) and before completing the reception of it, the stream between the client and the server is interrupted or closed, maybe because of a "stop" pressed or a new request.
I've even thought that this could be caused when the Content-Length of an object it's not specified and the connection it's not closed in a "clean" way when the object it's completed.

Again, I've started ignore it.
About | Sitemap | Contact