How do I set the working directory for a project?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Nuno_Guerreiro
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 9, 2001 02:58 AM

I can't set the working directory for a JBuilder project. I can see that when I run the application, JBuilder invokes javaw with the -Duser.dir system property set to the project's source dir, but the application I'm running doesn't make any use of it. It tries to open files in the current directory and fails to open since the process' current directory is not the expected one. This seems to be very simple, but I can't find a way to do it. I guess one possible way would be to launch JBuilder using the directory I wanted, but that wouldn't solve the problem, since I'd like to be working with different projects at the same time, using different working directories. Many thanks for any help, Nuno Gu   More>>

I can't set the working directory for a JBuilder project.

I can see that when I run the application, JBuilder invokes javaw with the -Duser.dir system property set to the project's source dir, but the application I'm running doesn't make any use of it. It tries to open files in the current directory and fails to open since the process' current directory is not the expected one.

This seems to be very simple, but I can't find a way to do it.

I guess one possible way would be to launch JBuilder using the directory I wanted, but that wouldn't solve the problem, since I'd like to be working with different projects at the same time, using different working directories.

Many thanks for any help,

Nuno Guerreiro

<<Less

Re: How do I set the working directory for a project?

Posted By:   Jochen_Vogele  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 15, 2001 05:51 AM

The -D option for the virtual machine just set the property named 'user.dir'. If your program doesn't use this property like System.getProperty("user.dir") it's not used.

Normally you set your working directory for a project at the Projekt-Property Dialog, which you can find at the project-menue.
About | Sitemap | Contact