How do I write out the traditional Chinese characters with GB2312 encoding in the Java.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Yongha_Yoo
Posted On:   Sunday, May 6, 2001 08:11 PM

Hello.
I know that the GB2312 is not traditional but simplified Chinese character encoding.
But in windows, we can use both characters with Java. But when I change some string's encoding using GB2312, the traditional characters in the string are deformed to '?'. And the system property, "file.encoding" is GB2312, so it happens also using Writer, Reader, etc.
Because of this, I can't write the traditional Chinese characters to the file, also can't read from the file.
Surely, Java can show the traditional characters because it uses Unicode with strings. Then, how can I handle both the characters without the deformation?
Thank you.

Re: How do I write out the traditional Chinese characters with GB2312 encoding in the Java.

Posted By:   Dave_Stone  
Posted On:   Monday, May 7, 2001 01:35 PM

I do not think you can write traditional characters with GB. If you are trying to find the equivalent traditional character representations of simplified Chinese characters, you need a GB2Big5 converter (someone has done that).

If you want both simplified and traditional characters co-exist in a single document, then use UTF-16 or UTF-8 when you write the file.
About | Sitemap | Contact