dcsimg
What relationship can have between Entity Beans?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   peter_lin
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 2, 2001 03:32 AM

There are some O/R mapping tools (like TopLink) for mapping relationships (1:1, 1:n, m:n) between Entity Beans.

It's seem to the association relationship can also be applied to Entity Beans. But how do we express the association between Entity Beans in UML? In class diagrams or component diagrams if it is possible?

Re: What relationship can have between Entity Beans?

Posted By:   jim_conallen  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 2, 2001 09:41 AM

I wish I had a quick answer for you, but the real answer lie in the activities of the JSR 26 committee. This group is currently working on a formal extension (profile) to the UML for modeling EJBs. I've seen some draft work, but can't say with any authority what the final outcome will be.

With that comment aside, I'd suggest that you model relationships with associations, and draw them in class diagrams. Component diagrams, are only suitable for expressing dependencies (a weak form of relationship).

Associations are used to model the concept of an instance maintaining a relationship to another instance. A dependency just shows that the class is dependent on another element. That is, if the interface changes or something like that, as opposed to a state change in the dependent object.

About | Sitemap | Contact