Wednesday, April 25, 2001 03:54 PM
I am sending an email attachment created out of a String
variable using JavaMail API.
Since the String variable is more than 1000 char in length iam
running into the SMTP limitation and hence need to encode the
String variable using "base64".
I tried using an ByteArrayOutputStream on the String variable
ans passed it to MimeUtility.encode method but the attachment
received had zero bytes or empty.
Also i tried setting the Content-Transfer-Encoding attribute to "B"
or "base64" but no success in the email MIME header. The MIME
header Content-Transfer-Encoding was always coming out to be
7Bit (7-bit has 1000 char length SMTP restriction thereby
introducing '!' characters in the attachment) rather than
Could some one tell me if they have had a similar scenario
before and how to work around this one.
Re: Encoded Attachment
Wednesday, April 25, 2001 07:03 PM