dcsimg
Handling Transaction
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   A_JP
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 25, 2001 12:40 PM

Hi ! I have a stateless session bean calling a BMP entity bean, with the transaction attrubute set to "Required". In my business method of session bean, I perform two operations : 1. Lookup entity bean, find by criteria and call the business method of entity bean, which inturn updates a table. 2. In the same business method, I update another table. But I get TransactionRollBackException. Is there any way to handle the transaction, that is since it is BMP, the transaction has to be handled by the bean. Is there any method like commit or rollback for the transaction to be used in the business method. If yes then in which bean (session or entity bean), it should be implemented and what is the syntax. Early reply is appr   More>>

Hi !
I have a stateless session bean calling a BMP entity bean, with the transaction attrubute set to "Required". In my business method of session bean, I perform two operations :
1. Lookup entity bean, find by criteria and call the business method of entity bean, which inturn updates a table.
2. In the same business method, I update another table.

But I get TransactionRollBackException. Is there any way to handle the transaction, that is since it is BMP, the transaction has to be handled by the bean. Is there any method like commit or rollback for the transaction to be used in the business method. If yes then in which bean (session or entity bean), it should be implemented and what is the syntax. Early reply is appreciated.

Thanks
AJP

<<Less

Re: Handling Transaction

Posted By:   srihari_k  
Posted On:   Wednesday, July 18, 2001 12:47 PM

Basically I could not understand the kinda design pattern that u are following.
u are embedding the DataBase transaction both in Entity Beans and session beans.. I wonder.
About | Sitemap | Contact