how can i install my own web application directory like examples/admin/ROOT
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   zheng_yu
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 25, 2001 12:55 AM

.I have installed TOMCAT on a linux server successfully , that means i can see the things under examples directory . But when i make a new directory named samples under webapp/ directory , trying to test some servlet samples .server always tell me that "the servlet was not found ", when i change the servlet to jsp , it works properly . i am really puzzled . can someone tell me how to solve this problem ? (when i copy these sample servlets to examples directory , it works fine) Environ : Turbolinux / Oracle8i /Tomcat3.2.1/JDK1.2.2 folder tree is show as follow : TOMCAT_HOME webapp examples META-INF WEB-INF JSP servlets images    More>>

.I have installed TOMCAT on a linux server successfully , that means i can see the things under examples directory .

But when i make a new directory named samples under webapp/ directory , trying to test some servlet samples .server always tell me that "the servlet was not found ", when i change the servlet to jsp , it works properly . i am really puzzled . can someone tell me how to solve this problem ?

(when i copy these sample servlets to examples directory , it works fine)

Environ :
Turbolinux / Oracle8i /Tomcat3.2.1/JDK1.2.2

folder tree is show as follow :
TOMCAT_HOME
webapp
examples
META-INF
WEB-INF
JSP
servlets
images
samples
META-INF
WEB-INF
jservlets-examples
images

Does someone has created your own app directory under webapp directory( like examples) , that can handle jsp/jservlet requests properly , and can show the directory structure in browser ? if u did it , please tell me step by step . i am not as clever as u

ZY

<<Less

Re: how can i install my own web application directory like examples/admin/ROOT

Posted By:   Alex_Chaffee  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 1, 2001 08:13 AM

RTFM. Search the Tomcat and Servlets FAQ for "webapp" to find out what the directory structure must be.

Re: how can i install my own web application directory like examples/admin/ROOT

Posted By:   zheng_yu  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 26, 2001 11:15 PM

Let me describe my situation

First , Some one setup an apache server , and set its port to 8080
then I installed TOMCAT . and some one comment the following Element :

if i uncomment this pair , TOMCAT's Startup failed because of BindException , so i think that must be a port confliction . after i changed the port to 8011 , and input some url
in my browser like : http://site address/myproj/servlet/CurrentTime, it works( myproj is my application , and CurrentTime is a simple servlet sample class )

so i think what u all tell me is all right . The reason is my environment , port confliction to be exactly . What's your explanation ?
can't apache and Tomcat share the same port ?

Thanx again
About | Sitemap | Contact