Some dumb applet questions
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   philip_reid
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 24, 2001 02:10 AM

OK, I've got some really dumb applet questions..... Done alot of back end processing on Java for a couple of years but now need to write some applets and am having problems. I want to include javax.swing components (including JApplet) in my applet but when I run them my browser just says sorry, class javax.swing.JApplet not found, this will obviously be the same for all my other swing components. As usual, the applet runs fine in my IDE appletviewer. Just about every book I've read on this makes no mention of having to supply additional classes when creating your archive, are they all assuming something else has taken place that I don't know about. Is    More>>

OK, I've got some really dumb applet questions.....

Done alot of back end processing on Java for a couple of years but now need to write some applets and am having problems.

I want to include javax.swing components (including JApplet) in my applet but when I run them my browser just says sorry, class javax.swing.JApplet not found, this will obviously be the same for all my other swing components.

As usual, the applet runs fine in my IDE appletviewer.

Just about every book I've read on this makes no mention of having to supply additional classes when creating your archive, are they all assuming something else has taken place that I don't know about.

Is it the case that I have to embed an html object tag to dowload the java plugins from Sun? If this is true, why have I never had to do this before? I've been to web sites that have movie playing applets and I've never been prompted to download anything.

Can someone please explain to me how the whole applet class loader thing works as it's driving me nuts.

Thanks

Philip

<<Less

Re: Some dumb applet questions

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 24, 2001 06:14 AM

Read the FAQ.

Re: Some dumb applet questions

Posted By:   yasser_Ali  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 24, 2001 03:37 AM

You have never been prombted to download java plug in because u either have the java plugin installed or applets did not use swing. Check it out for u. But it is is for sure that for swing applet u need java plugin. The easy way to write html for running applet through plugin is to use HtmlConvertor from the sun site.

sth About Java(tm) Plug-in HTML Converter:
Java(tm) Plug-in HTML Converter is a utility that allows you to convert any
HTML page which contains applets to a format that will use the Java(tm)
Plug-in.

hope this will work.
About | Sitemap | Contact