dcsimg
Applets - Web - JSP. Notify other user on web via applet
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Trupti_Mehta
Posted On:   Monday, April 23, 2001 02:30 AM

Hi, I am a developer and currently working on a project on JSP. I have developed a game on Applet. When I run the appelt as a stand alone, it works perfectly fine. But,I am facing some difficulties while calling it through JSP and running it on server. Problems :- The user logs on through JSP page, he gets a list of all players logged on to the site. He can choose any player and ask him to play with him. For instance, I logged on as A1 and selected B1 fro mthe logged players list. Then... 1) How do the server send a message to the B1 asking that A1 wishes to play with you. Do you wish too? Whatever B1 replies i.e. Y/N, A1 should be notified about it. And, If B1 says Yes, then only the game starts at A1's & B1's browser in   More>>

Hi,

I am a developer and currently working on a project on JSP. I have developed a game on Applet. When I run the appelt as a stand alone, it works perfectly fine. But,I am facing some difficulties while calling it through JSP and running it on server.

Problems :- The user logs on through JSP page, he gets a list of all players logged on to the site. He can choose any player and ask him to play with him. For instance, I logged on as A1 and selected B1 fro mthe logged players list. Then...

1) How do the server send a message to the B1 asking that A1 wishes to play with you. Do you wish too? Whatever B1 replies i.e. Y/N, A1 should be notified about it. And, If B1 says Yes, then only the game starts at A1's & B1's browser in a new window.

2) In my applet game, images are being dispayed. When A1 and B1 are playing, how to I notify eachother what the other player played.

3) While running on web, my applet is not able to display images but it functions as expected. How do I make those images visible?

4) If i use JApplet, repaint() doesn't work. How to repaint()/refresh an applet using JApplet.

5) Should I set any security for Applet. If so, how and where???

I need help on these problems as soon as possible. My due date for this project is on head. Please try to help me out. Any help is appreciated. Please write me at terry_513@rediffmail.com

Thanks

Trupti

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact