Using Stateful Session Bean in a Web Farm/Server Farm.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mangesh_Umbrajkar
Posted On:   Sunday, April 22, 2001 09:04 AM

I want to implement a "Shopping Cart" using a Stateful Session Bean in a web farm environment.Is this possible ? I understand that if we serialize the handle to the Stateful Bean and pass it to the client (in a cookie,for example), it is possible for the client to refer back to the bean and update the "shopping cart" across subsequent http requests. However, the handle actually (iternally) refers to the ip address of the server which has the bean instance. Will this work on a web farm ? If not, does that mean that I can never use a stateful session bean in a web farm environment ? I will appreciate it if someone can send me an answer at the earliest.Thanks again.    More>>

I want to implement a "Shopping Cart" using a Stateful Session Bean in a web farm
environment.Is this possible ?
I understand that if we serialize the handle to the Stateful Bean and pass it to the
client (in a cookie,for example), it is possible for the client to refer back to
the bean and update the "shopping cart" across subsequent http requests. However,
the handle actually (iternally) refers to the ip address of the server which has the
bean instance. Will this work on a web farm ? If not, does that mean that I can never
use a stateful session bean in a web farm environment ? I will appreciate it if someone
can send me an answer at the earliest.Thanks again.

<<Less

Re: Using Stateful Session Bean in a Web Farm/Server Farm.

Posted By:   anup_katariya  
Posted On:   Monday, April 23, 2001 02:07 AM

Hi,
You can definitely use the stateful session bean. State of the bean is maintained as long as the session is valid. Also there is instance of a bean
per client and not per request.
So your bean can handle multiple requests from the same client.
But once the client is logged out or session time out occures you loose your data
About | Sitemap | Contact