Deploying RMI Application done with VisualAge for Java
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   S_L
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 18, 2001 02:36 AM

Where I can find instructions how to deploy RMI Stubs, Skeletons etc., which I have crated with VisualAgeJava (using similar steps than in tutorial) to a server? I don't have VAJava in the server. My problems are following: I have tried to build the server executable with command 'hpj -exe -o server impl impl_skel impl_stub ', but when I try to run my .exe I get a message "IVJ0350E: The server class AnyClass could not be found." Do I need to have a main()-fuction and what should it include? What can be the problem when it is possible to run the applet in appletviewer, but it doesn't work in a html-page. Netscape gives a message "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ..$lvjEventHandler"    More>>

Where I can find instructions how to deploy RMI Stubs, Skeletons etc., which I have crated with VisualAgeJava (using similar steps than in tutorial) to a server? I don't have VAJava in the server.
My problems are following:
I have tried to build the server executable with command 'hpj -exe -o server impl impl_skel impl_stub ', but when I try to run my .exe I get a message "IVJ0350E: The server class AnyClass could not be found." Do I need to have a main()-fuction and what should it include?
What can be the problem when it is possible to run the applet in appletviewer, but it doesn't work in a html-page. Netscape gives a message "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ..$lvjEventHandler"

<<Less

Re: Deploying RMI Application done with VisualAge for Java

Posted By:   Edward_Harned  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 18, 2001 11:30 AM

Using VAJ, highlight a project, then right click, or use the file pull down menu, chose "export". Follow the directions to export your classes to a directory or jar file.

Now you can run the classes outside of VAJ.
About | Sitemap | Contact