Socket Code
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aliasgar_Pocketwala
Posted On:   Monday, April 16, 2001 08:16 AM

Any ideas why this code does not work I am working on a simple chat applet which needs to connect back to the server. This applet is server from the computer abc.com. Also I need to use the same constructor as shown below, if I use the normal constructor everything works fine, however I need to be able to bind the Socket to a particular internal port. I am also using Internet Explorer as my browser InetAddress add = InetAddress.getByName("abc.com"); Socket s = new Socket(add,5000,InetAddress.getLocalHost(),5000); where abc.com is a valid address and is also the address of the server from where the applet came. When I try to open s it throws a NoRouteToHostException. What am I doing wrong?    More>>

Any ideas why this code does not work
I am working on a simple chat applet which needs to connect back to the server. This applet is server from the computer abc.com. Also I need to use the same constructor as shown below, if I use the normal constructor everything works fine, however I need to be able to bind the Socket to a particular internal port. I am also using Internet Explorer as my browser

InetAddress add = InetAddress.getByName("abc.com");
Socket s = new Socket(add,5000,InetAddress.getLocalHost(),5000);

where abc.com is a valid address and is also the address of the server from where the applet came.

When I try to open s it throws a NoRouteToHostException. What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be welcome

Thanks
Aly.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact