dcsimg
Redirect the user to the same page on which session expired after re-aunthentication
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 11, 2001 01:25 PM

I have a secure site. So we open a session for each user after authenticating the user. We have set session time out to 30 mins. So the user session is lost after 30 mins of inactive time. I have a requirement to take the user to login page to authenticate user and take him back to same page on which the session expired. I have quite few request parameters to render the page on which session expired. How do I store this parameters and meanwhile redirect the use to login page and redirect the request to the page on which session expired. We have tried to do this job by creating a temporary session to store the request parameters. Is there any other standard mechanism to do this.

Re: Redirect the user to the same page on which session expired after re-aunthentication

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 11, 2001 09:32 PM

Hi,

Sorry, But wouldn't be easier to pass the page that had originated the login request as a parameter to the page?

We use this solution and it works fine.

Re: Redirect the user to the same page on which session expired after re-aunthentication

Posted By:   Michael_Wax  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 11, 2001 07:11 PM

I don't know if there is a standard way to do this, but I think that you are on the right track in using a temporary session. You could create a HashMap containing the request parameters, and then store this in the Session object or in some other structure in memory, or serialize it to a database. Alternatively, you could pass the request parameters back to the user in a series of hidden fields in the login form.
About | Sitemap | Contact