setting Xbootclasspath through a Java program
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kavitha_Tumkur
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 11, 2001 08:16 AM

hi, I am writing a Java class to integrate with another product and my class( which basically extends JFrame) is invoked through a click of a button from the 3rd party product. I am using JDK 1.3 and I have a need to set the Xbootclasspath to override the CORBA libraries that ships with 1.3. Since I have no way of specifying command-line options, I am looking for a way to set it either programmatically or in the environment. I even tried doing a System.setProperty("sun.boot.class.path","My jar files") but not surprisingly, didn't work. I realize that this is not safe but just wanted to exhaust all my options. Is there any way to achieve this? Appreciate a   More>>

hi,

I am writing a Java class to integrate with another product and my class( which basically extends JFrame)
is invoked through a click of a button from the 3rd party product. I am using JDK 1.3 and I have a need
to set the Xbootclasspath to override the CORBA libraries that ships with 1.3. Since I have no way of
specifying command-line options, I am looking for a way to set it either programmatically or in the
environment.

I even tried doing a System.setProperty("sun.boot.class.path","My jar files") but not surprisingly,
didn't work. I realize that this is not safe but just wanted to exhaust all my options.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Appreciate any help/ideas.

Thanks

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact