dcsimg
restricting object creation using JAAS?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_Yuan
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 11, 2001 07:21 AM

Hi, I am fairly new to the java security topic. Please point me some directions for the problem I have. Is it possible to use JAAS to control the instantiation of a certain user defined class objects? For example, I have a set of request event classes (these are pure simple Java classes) that are resides in com.mycom.event.request.type1 and com.mycom.event.request.type2 ..., I want to set up a policy such that a certain Subjects (users) can only instantiate request objects in package "type1" and other Subjects can only create request objects in package "type2". If possible, could someone show how to do it? what kind of permission should I grant to these users? Thanks, David    More>>

Hi,

I am fairly new to the java security topic. Please point me some directions for the problem I have.

Is it possible to use JAAS to control the instantiation of a certain user defined class objects? For example, I have a set of request event classes (these are pure simple Java classes) that are resides in com.mycom.event.request.type1 and com.mycom.event.request.type2 ..., I want to set up a policy such that a certain Subjects (users) can only instantiate request objects in package "type1" and other Subjects can only create request objects in package "type2". If possible, could someone show how to do it? what kind of permission should I grant to these users?

Thanks,

David

<<Less

Re: restricting object creation using JAAS?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, October 8, 2001 01:38 AM

It should be possible to restrict object creation using JAAS. Because you need special javax.security.auth.AuthPermission createLoginContext.<> to create LoginContext object.

For this you need to create a custom Permission class with targets as object creation or even methods. Then you check the permission in constructor or methods.

Re: restricting object creation using JAAS?

Posted By:   tippu_sultan  
Posted On:   Sunday, May 6, 2001 09:26 PM

NO it is not possible to restrict object creating with jaas , only it can restrict some action on a url
About | Sitemap | Contact