tomcat jsp's not compiling
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   hiep_luong
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 4, 2001 05:35 PM

I am running Tomcat 3.2 with jdk1.3 on linux. I have set JAVA_HOME AND TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME/bin is in my path running tomcat yields: [root@itchy bin]# ./tomcat.sh run Using classpath: /usr/tomcat/lib/ant.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/cp.txt:/usr/tomcat/lib/ejb.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/interest-client.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/jasper.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/jaxp.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/jboss-client.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/parser.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/test:/usr/tomcat/lib/webserver.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.3/lib/tools.jar which shows tools.jar in the path. But yet I get the dreaded 500(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main) error when I try to run snoop.jsp from the tomcat examples context. ho   More>>

I am running Tomcat 3.2 with jdk1.3 on linux.

I have set JAVA_HOME AND TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME/bin is in my path

running tomcat yields:

[root@itchy bin]# ./tomcat.sh run
Using classpath: /usr/tomcat/lib/ant.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/cp.txt:/usr/tomcat/lib/ejb.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/interest-client.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/jasper.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/jaxp.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/jboss-client.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/parser.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/tomcat/lib/test:/usr/tomcat/lib/webserver.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.3/lib/tools.jar

which shows tools.jar in the path. But yet I get the dreaded 500(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main) error when I try to run snoop.jsp from the tomcat examples context. however numbergess.jsp and date.jsp seem to work. Please help!

thanks,

Hiep

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact