A specific CMP Persistence Manager
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   nicolas_uthurriague
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 4, 2001 07:59 AM

Hi,

I'm using CASTOR (exolab) as a persistence framework to store and load objects to my RDBMS.

Now, i have to integrate it in an application server environnment (IPlanet Apps), and therefore i plan to create CMP Entity Bean using my own Persistence Manager (to reuse my Castor implementation).

Where can i find informations about the CMP API ?

regards,
Nicolas

Re: A specific CMP Persistence Manager

Posted By:   Reema_Patel  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 5, 2001 10:38 AM

Actually that is not an API that should be rather termed as SPI. Interestingly, EJB specification 2.0 does not define all the SPIs between container and persistence manager. Current SPIs that are present in EJB specification 2.0 deal with passing lifecycle events to the persistence manager, but otherwise many things depend on the proprietary implementation of EJB container and Persistence Manager provider. If your requirement is more of lifecycle types, you can check chapter 9.0 of EJB specification, since that may help you. For rest of the service contracts between container and persistence manager, I think you will have to work it out with both of them.

This can be considered as one of the ambiguities left in the spec, that should be fixed in the future specifications otherwise the idea of pluggable persistence managers cannot become a reality.

Hope this helps,

Reema.

About | Sitemap | Contact