JDBC:odbc for Oracle Clients
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   swami_nathan
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 3, 2001 11:32 PM

Hi, I am using Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition on a NT server. I have installed Oracle client on my NT workstation. The listener (ORCL) is up on the NT server and I am able to connect to the database using SQL plus from NT workstation by giving hms/hms@orcl But when I use the following line of code from JSP running on Tomcat on my NT workstation Connection c=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:hms","hms","hms"); where hms is the DSN name, and 2nd and 3rd parametres are my username and password. it says "No suitable driver found" But the same piece of code works fine when I run it on the NT server. Can somebody help me. Thanks    More>>

Hi, I am using Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition on a NT server. I have installed Oracle client on my NT workstation. The listener (ORCL) is up on the NT server and I am able to connect to the database using SQL plus
from NT workstation by giving hms/hms@orcl

But when I use the following line of code from JSP running on Tomcat on my NT workstation
Connection c=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:hms","hms","hms");
where hms is the DSN name, and 2nd and 3rd parametres are my username and password.
it says "No suitable driver found"
But the same piece of code works fine when I run it on the NT server. Can somebody help me. Thanks

<<Less

Re: JDBC:odbc for Oracle Clients

Posted By:   rajesh_m  
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 13, 2001 12:22 AM

Hi,
As u installed oracle clint in Workstation, the problem would be due to the improper configuration of oracle client to server.
so there is no connection between your server and workstation and u r unable to access the database using sql plus from Workstation.
as u r using the oracle8i,
1)open the file in workstation
ora81
etworkadmin nsnames.ora
2)configure properly by giving the exact hostname and servicename of your oracle server.
3)try to access the server from workstation..
Now u will be able to access oracle server.
If oracle clint works properly , then jsp is going to use the client jdbc driver.
About | Sitemap | Contact