how to use NTLM Authentication with Servlets
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Manfred_Regele
Posted On:   Monday, April 2, 2001 11:22 AM

How could I use NTLM Authentication for a servlet based intranet-application ?

all my users have IE on M$ NT and I would prefer to use NT Authentication (not basic,digest) - so no login-screen be required.

Any hints how to implement this with an Servlet-Engine (Tomcat/Resin) within IIS ?

Completely Solved

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 6, 2002 07:00 PM

With help from this list, I have totally solved this problem. Not only that but it really authenticates clients against the domain controller (All of the below techniques get the password hashes but you have to send them to a PDC or BDC to actually varify the clients password. Otherwise you could just remove your workstation from the domain to get the password dialog and put in anything for a password).

I was stuck but the response.setContentLength() and setStatus() technique mentioned by a wonderful person in this thread makes my code work. No more Connection: closed. At least it works with Resin.

Please watch the jCIFS mailing list for further information and more importantly for the imminent release of jcifs-0.7.0b.

http://jcifs.samba.org/

Re: how to use NTLM Authentication with Servlets

Posted By:   Marek_Muller  
Posted On:   Friday, March 22, 2002 02:16 AM

I've discovered a page with NTLM Authentication Scheme for HTTP just a minute ago. So, let's do something with it :).
http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html

Posted By:   Shyamsunder_Mutcha  
Posted On:   Friday, January 4, 2002 10:02 AM

I have same problem earlier. I have to implement NTLM for my site. My webserver is IIS and app server is iPlanet. I am using a third party tool: aspuser (www.aspuser.com) to authenticate the user with NTLM using with NT SAM. When the user is authenticated I will send the requst to Servlet on iPlanet with the user name. Now you can play the game with that user.
If you need more info,mail me at: sjhyam@yahoo.com

Posted By:   Sylvain_Pointeau  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 16, 2001 10:43 AM

I have the same problem.
We can't use iis to set the right
on jsp files.
I look that iis takes right put on
jakarta virtual directory.

it's a big problem.
Someone have a solution ?

thanks.