dcsimg
error 500
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Gaurav_Bhargava
Posted On:   Saturday, March 31, 2001 05:04 PM

Hi there I have a very basic doubt beans. I am implementing a bean to retrive information from a database whether the user is a registered user or not. I am calling the beans through a jsp page, now i have included the java code in a package and the name of the package is com.jsp.Loginmanager, whats happening is when i compile the code( the .java file is in classes folded as i am using a tomcat server) a folder is created called com, which contains another folder called jsp and inside that i have this class files for the beans, when i call the jsp page, it persistently gives me error 500 that class cant be found, i have set the class path also till the classes folder, everything seems fine.....i am badly stuck here.. can anybody help....desperate...   More>>

Hi there
I have a very basic doubt beans. I am implementing a bean to retrive information from a database whether the user is a registered user or not. I am calling the beans through a jsp page, now i have included the java code in a package and the name of the package is com.jsp.Loginmanager, whats happening is when i compile the code( the .java file is in classes folded as i am using a tomcat server) a folder is created called com, which contains another folder called jsp and inside that i have this class files for the beans, when i call the jsp page, it persistently gives me error 500 that class cant be found, i have set the class path also till the classes folder, everything seems fine.....i am badly stuck here..
can anybody help....desperate...
Thanks
Gaurav

<<Less

Re: error 500

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Saturday, March 31, 2001 11:46 PM

Gaurav,

The location of the class file after you've compiled it it's correct. If you browse the source tree of any java package (even the source tree of the JDK), you'll see that the directory structure reflects the package structure.

At this point to access that object you do not need to move or add anything to the classpath... the one you have it's enough. You just need to call that object in the right way. I'm guessing, but probably instead of doing:

you should do

About | Sitemap | Contact