Weblogic Problem ? java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Johnny_yoo
Posted On:   Thursday, March 29, 2001 08:23 AM

Hi! I got some problem with weblogic, I guess! The model is like: Jsp -> Facade -> Proxy -> ejb I had a method, say xyz(int) and now I add a new method xyz(String)... the method is implemented in all classes that has to know about the method... (facade to ejb). Compiling the code is fine. But later on, when I do the call from my jsp xyz("abc"); it fails!!! such as: Thu Mar 29 11:01:57 EST 2001: Servlet failed with Exception java.lang.NoSuchMethodError at com.UIFacade.MyUIF.xyz(MyUIF.java:154) at jsp_servlet._account._myJsp._jspService(_myJsp.java:157) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)    More>>

Hi!

I got some problem with weblogic, I guess!
The model is like:
Jsp -> Facade -> Proxy -> ejb

I had a method, say xyz(int) and now I add a new method xyz(String)...

the method is implemented in all classes that has to know about the method... (facade to ejb).

Compiling the code is fine.

But later on, when I do the call from my jsp xyz("abc"); it fails!!!

such as:

Thu Mar 29 11:01:57 EST 2001: Servlet failed with Exception java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

at com.UIFacade.MyUIF.xyz(MyUIF.java:154)
at jsp_servlet._account._myJsp._jspService(_myJsp.java:157)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:123)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:141)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:761)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:708)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContextManager.java:252)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:346)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:246)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:135)

Please someone?
I know that the code is clean... what could be wrong? It s fine when compiling...
I think the problem is when the facade is calling the proxy! or?

regards!

<<Less

Re: Weblogic Problem ? java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Posted By:   Software_Framework  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 2, 2001 10:01 AM

App Servers compile JSPs outside for their own VM. If you've changed the support classes that a JSP uses and try to reload the modified JSP, the app server will recompile the JSP successfully but it won't run because the App Server vm has the new version of the JSP .class file but not the new version of the supporting classes. Typically, you can just restart the server to fix this problem. With WebLogic, you may have to redeploy the supporting classes if they are also contained in the WAR/EAR file that the JSP is contained in.

Posted By:   Luigi_Viggiano  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 11, 2001 09:03 AM

NoSuchMethodError == please recompile *.java and remake the jars

:)

Posted By:   Johnny_yoo  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 4, 2001 01:09 AM

The problem is solved!
Forgot to put some important classes in my jar files! ;)
About | Sitemap | Contact